Affygility Solutions is pleased to announce the immediate availability of its Cyclophosphamide OEL Fastrac monograph.
Cyclophosphamide is used in the treatment of a wide variety of cancers. Cyclophosphamide is a class of medications called alkylating agents and is of the nitrogen mustard type. Cyclophosphamide is an IARC Group 1 agent as a confirmed human carcinogen. In addition, cyclophosphamide has benn associated in experimental animal studies and human case reports with adverse effects on fertility and embyro development.
About OEL Fastrac
OEL Fastrac monographs are an affordable way to obtain high-quality, credible occupational exposure limit monographs. OEL Fastrac monographs have been used by biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and medical device companies throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
Why OEL Fastrac?
- Fully documented. 7-11 pages in length, with calculations and cited references.
- Credible and reliable information. OEL Fastrac monographs are used by dozens of pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies throughout the world.
- Expert preparation. Industry experts with advance degrees, professional certifications, and decades of experience.
- High quality. Proprietary 18-point quality process.
- Save time! Unsurpassed delivery with instant download.
- Save money. Similar documents cost 5-12 times as much.
- Stay current. Automatic notification of revisions.
Order now the cyclophosphamide OEL Fastrac monograph. Not what you are looking for? Browse our entire catalog of high-quality occupational exposure limit monographs.
Affygility Solutions is pleased to announce that it has added increased functionality to it’s environmental, health and safety software (EHS). Specifically, now once an issue has been identified and entered into the Affytrac EHS software system, you can tag follow-up actions as either a corrective action, preventative action, or effectiveness verification action. The purpose of this increased functionality is to assist those companies that are seeking ISO 14001 or 18001 certification.
Affygility Solutions’ Affytrac EHS software is used by life science companies throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia. To find out more about Affytrac, please contact us via our website.
As a provider of EHS software, I often see EHS software projects suffer from what is
known in the technology space as the “Hype Cycle.” The Hype Cycle is a branded graphical tool that was developed by the Gartner Group to represent the maturity, adoption, and social application of specific technologies (Fig 1). Each hype cycle drills down to five (5) key phases of a technology’s life cycles. These phases are as follows:
- Technology trigger: A potential technology trigger kicks things off. Early stories and media attention triggers interest. Often the commercial viability or usefulness is unknown.
- Peak of inflated expectations: Early publicity produces a number of early success stories. Some companies take action, but many do not.
- Trough of disillusionment: Interest wanes as experiments and implementations fail to deliver. Investments only continue if providers improve their product or service.
- Slope of Enlightenment: More instances of how the technology can benefit the enterprise crystallize and become more widely understood. Second and third-generation products appear from technology providers.
- Plateau of Productivity:. Mainstream adoption starts to take off. The technology’s applicability and relevance are starting to pay off.
EHS Software and the Hype Cycle
So, how do these five phases relate to EHS software projects? My thoughts are as follows:
- Regulatory trigger. A new regulation, potential technology threat (nanotechnology), or international standard, such as ISO 14001 is proposed. Consultants and technology providers jump on the band wagon and begin to tell everyone they can that this is going to be an EHS game-changer and they need to start preparing. Trade magazines, professional societies, webinar providers, and conferences pick up on the “trend’ and begin to “hype up” the new regulation or trend.
- Peak of inflated expectations: Publicity from the above mentioned events produce early success stories about reduction in accidents, incidents, and cost savings. These are usually in the form of case studies or presentations at conferences. Expectations or potential risks are inflated and many believe that the new regulation or standard is the “EHS savior.”
- Trough of disillusionment: EHS software or risk-reduction program implementation begins. User adoption is not up to expectations. Management involvement and interest is minimal. Cost overruns and project delays occur. Secret discussions about “killing” the EHS project occur.
- Slope of enlightenment: Implementation phase is completed. EHS software provider makes improvements to the system. Additional and focused training occurs. A few “super-users” emerge and “sell” the program to others in the organization.
- Plateau of productivity: Wide-spread adoption occurs and the EHS software becomes the way business is done.
How to use the hype cycle to your advantage?
The best way to use the hype cycle to your advantage is to first know that it exists and it should be expected. When hearing about these “trends” and “game-changers” through the media and conference, try to ignore the hype and understand how it truly impacts your business. In addition, understand how it fits in your company’s overall strategy. As a mentor of mine said many years ago, “If you go to a conference and you pick up on one 0r two things that you can actually use, then you’re doing pretty good.” Remember, you can’t implement everything and it should fit within your current goals and objectives. Don’t get into the habit of changing your goals and objectives based on something you hear at every conference you attend. Stay focused.
Next, understand that when you first implement EHS software or a new project, people are generally excited and positive. After all, it breaks up the routine day-to-day activities. But, unfortunately, it is also a common reaction to get tired of the “new project” once they understand that implementation is hard work and they have yet to see the benefit. As a person with experience in implementing such projects, you have to carefully monitor user adoption and plan for a few short-term wins. These short-term wins will help you muddle through the “trough.” Once you’re through the trough, plan for engaging the super-users and making them shine on their own. Let them be the ones to present the success stories to others. Finally, once you have reach the plateau of productivity, hold periodic user conferences to keep people engaged and excited about the system.
Let me know your comments about the above article.
Affygility Solutions is pleased to announce that three new OEL Fastrac monographs have been posted up to the oelfastrac.com system. These three new OEL Fastrac monographs contain both the occupational exposure limit (OEL) and the acceptable daily exposure value (ADE). The 3 new OEL Fastrac monographs include:
OEL Fastrac monographs provide the following benefits:
- Access: Unsurpassed convenience. These documents are available to pharmaceutical companies and contract manufacturers throughout the world. Once payment is processed, OEL Fastrac monographs are available for instant download.
- Affordability: Similar occupational exposure limit (OEL) and acceptable daily exposure (ADE) documents obtained through traditional consulting means costs 7-10 times more.
- Authoritative: OEL Fastrac monographs are prepared by pharmaceutical industry experts with advanced degrees, professional certifications, and decades of pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Accelerative: Unsurpassed delivery with instant download.
Don’t see your compound in the catalog? No problem. For an additional fee, the occupational toxicology experts at Affygility Solutions can prepare a custom OEL Fastrac monograph containing both the occupational exposure limit and acceptable daily exposure value, or for early stage compounds we can prepare a potent compound categorization report. Contact us today for further information.
Have a proprietary or novel compound? No problem. We have worked with hundreds of pharmaceutical and contract manufacturers in developing OELs and ADEs for proprietary and novel compounds. These monographs are then consider confidential and proprietary information and are never published to our catalog. Contact us today for further information.
To learn more, and search our catalog of OEL Fastrac monographs, go to oelfastrac.com.
Affygility Solutions provides EHS software, occupational toxicology, potent compound safety, EHS training, industrial hygiene, containment validation, and other EHS services to the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device, and contract manufacturing industries.