Sparking Innovation and Creativity
Here at Affygility Solutions, we often attend conferences and events that are entirely outside of the environmental, health and safety field. The purpose of attending these events is to spark innovation and creativity, so that we may drive improvements to our products and services, which will ultimately improve the value of these products and services to our customers. With that said, here our my top ten innovation quotes:
Innovation Quotes – My Top Ten
- “The innovations that will greatly improve environmental, health and safety performance won’t come from EH&S professionals. Rather, these innovations will come from outside the field and will be adopted to fit EH&S” – D. Calhoun, CIH.
- “Successful innovators ask users to embrace–or at least tolerate–new values, new skills, new behaviors, new vocabularies, new ideas, new expectations, and new aspirations. They transform their customers. Successful innovators reinvent their customers as well as their businesses. Their innovations make customers better and make better customers.” – M. Schrage, Fast Company
- “If you try to make an improvement, you are almost by definition in a smartness contest with all of your peers and everyone that has come before you. You probably are not going to win. But, if you try to do things ten times better, you have no hope of getting that done using traditional methods. You have to rely on bravery, creativity and perspective shifting.” A. Teller, Google
- “The innovators who create products at “hackathons” aren’t even trying to disrupt your business. You’re just the collateral damage.” – L. Downes and P.F. Nunes.
- “During the past two centuries, innovation has more than doubled our life span and given us cheap energy and more food. If we project what the world will be like 10 years from now without continuing innovation in health, energy or food, the picture is dark.” – B. Gates
- “Innovation is something that average people do every day to live extraordinary lives.” – C. Gallo
- “Innovation cannot occur in the absence of passion; without it, you have little hope of creating breakthrough ideas.” – C. Gallo
- “Simply innovating doesn’t guarantee success, but you’ll learn far more from the risks you take than by maintaining the status quo.” – L. Howes
- “Innovation almost always is not successful the first time out. You try something and it doesn’t work and it takes confidence to say we haven’t failed yet. … Ultimately you become commercially successful.” C. Christensen
- “Where do you put the fear when you choose to innovate? The fear is there, but you have to find a place to put it. – S. Godin.
Through attendance at these events Affygility Solutions has created such innovative services like OEL Fastrac. A service where life science companies can get immediate access to occupational exposure limit monographs for active pharmaceutical ingredients.
I hope you enjoy the above innovation quotes, and I leave you with the following questions. “Where do you get your inspiration for innovation?” “What are your favorite innovation quotes?”