As most of you know by now, Affygility Solutions has released its next version of Affytrac. Since we completely redesigned the UI (user interface) to make it a responsive design that works on all devices (desktops, tablets, and smartphones), this was a significant update. One trick that you may not know about, is how to add a favicon to the home screen of your iPhone to make Affytrac seem more like an app. The steps to do this are shown below:
1. Using your iPhone’s web browser (mobile Safari), go to affytrac.com. Then select the upper right-hand corner menu dropdown.
2. A drop-down menu will appear, select “login.”
3. Login using your username (usually your email address) and password. Before clicking the “Sign In” button, be sure to select the remember me checkbox. This way Affytrac will remember you as long as you login once every two weeks, thus not requiring that you login in each time.
4. You’re are now at the Affytrac home screen. On your iPhone, select the button shown in the image below.
5. You should now be on the screen shown below. Click on the “Add to Home Screen” button
6. Now you will want to edit the name of the favicon to be shorter, such as just “Affytrac.” Once you have done this, click “Add.”
7. Bam! You should now see the Affytrac bookmark favicon on your home screen.
Android devices have similar features, so I would suggest you Google “Add favicon to home screen Android” and you will find instructions on how to perform this action.
Don’t yet have Affytrac? Contact us to find out how Affytrac can help take your environmental, health and safety program to the next level.